Sunday, July 1, 2012

I was nominated for a Liebster Award!

Hello!

I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Book Crazed Girl and GingerRead! Thank you for your nominations!




What is the Liebster Award? The award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Awardees get to share 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions written by the person who tagged them, choose 11 more questions, and tag 11 more bloggers to answer those 11 questions.


Here are 11 facts about me:
1. I watch A LOT of TV - maybe too much. Just this summer I have watched Community, Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks, Californication on top of the shows I already watch weekly. I am always looking for a great show to watch and love talking about them!
2. I have no siblings and no cousins.
3. I have never broken a bone.
4. I have or will be flying on 10 separate planes this summer.
5. I am a HUGE Kirsten Dunst fan.
6. I would rather spend a night in playing board games with my friends than go out to a bar.
7. My favourite movies is Garden State and my favourite song is Colorblind by Counting Crows.
8. I hate raw onions
9. I am currently working on my third university degree (and if I could be a student forever I would)
10. I can't eat fries without sweet and sour or plum sauce.
11. Fall is my favourite season.


Nine Questions For Me:
1. What "paranormal"-being would you choose to be and why?
I would probably choose to be a witch because I was mildly obsessed with the movie The Craft when I was younger.

2.When did you start blogging?
I started blogging about 2 months ago. I started because I was inspired by a friend of mine Browsing Bookshelves

3. How do you choose whether or not to read a book?
I TRY really hard not to judge a book my its cover but I do put a lot of weight in the title of the book. I also will usually give it a chapter or two and if I'm not totally invested I'll try to move on to another book. Although I have a tendency to feel the need to finish a book once I start it even if this means I sometimes waste my time reading pretty awful books.

4. Name your favorite bookish couple? and why?
My favourite bookish couple... hmmm... Is it super obvious if I say Romeo and Juliet? It is one of my favourite Shakespeare plays and I love every film adaptation! (also Daisy and Gatsby as a close second)

5. How did you come up with your blog name?
This is pretty simple - I am currently in library school to become a librarian and every time I enter a bookstore I have to stop myself from buying everything.

6. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to try and motivate myself to do a bit more reading and try and read different types of books. I also really wanted to get more involved in this community and make connections with authors and publishers.

7. How many books are in your to-read pile?
Too many to count.

8. Do you usually read mainstream or indie authors?
I think a mixture of both. Unlike movies I don't really think of books in those types of terms - I really try and read what I like and what I think is good. Whether an other is mainstream or "indie" doesn't have any influence on it.

9. Name a book that you could have done without reading? And why?
Ask Alice - I say this not because it was a bad book (because it was really a wonderfully written book) but it made me so devastatingly sad.

10. If you could teleport yourself into any fictional world, where would you go? And why?
This would definitely have to be Hogwarts. Probably not a very unique answer but come on! Who wouldn't love to live in Hogwarts!

11.If you could be any Character from a book, who would you be and why?
I would chose Lux from The Virgin Suicides.. I know she has a rather tragic ending but I think she is a such a beautifully written character.



My 11 Questions:
1. What is the first book you can remember reading?
2. What is one book that hasn't been made into a movie that should?
3. Who is your least favourite character in a book?
4. How many books to you read at once?
5. If you could recommend one book to a complete stranger (not knowing the type of books they usually read) what book would it be?
6. What is your favourite part of blogging?
7. What book is the most over rated?
8. Have you ever stayed up for 24 hours reading a book you couldn't put down?
9. If there was a book written about you what would it be called?
10. Who is your favourite character from a book?
11. What book have you reread the most?



People I have Tagged:

No comments:

Post a Comment